December 29, 2005

Old Friends

We had a great playdate yesterday! Two of my friends from pre-school plus kids, 1 partner and 1 mother got together and we had so much fun watching the little ones and catching up on each other's lives. It was great to re-connect with people from my childhood and such a pleasure to see what amazing women they have become. I didn't have my camera, but they did and hopefully someone will pass along pictures so I can post them. The kids got along really well despite the range from age 8 months to 4 years. Kate and Julie, I hope we can get together again soon!

Josie is ready to transition into the next room at daycare! The transition begins next week, and it will take about a week before she's officially at the next level, Toddler II -- Octopus. (She's currently a Shark, Rambler's a Crab). We went to visit the Octopus room this morning and she was excited at first. She then realized that we were talking about leaving her there with these new friends and teachers and she got a little freaked out (which is why they do a week-long transition, longer, if necessary).

Jake should arrive late tonight (he's driving with Mike)and we're VERY excited to see him!

If I don't blog before Sunday, I hope everyone has a wonderful new year's eve and a I wish you all the best for 2006!!

No comments: