My garage door has had problems lately and it doesn't close with the remote. I have to get out and disconnect something and manually close it. So, I got the kids in the car and I pull into the alley and leave the car running with the door open so I can just pull the door closed. I disconnect the chain, and the door slams shut. So hard that the cement shakes. I cannot get this thing up. I'm using all of my strength and it won't budge more than an inch. So I start screaming for help and banging on the door because I know that someone's home across the alley. I can get to my yard, but I locked the house. I'm stuck in between my garage and my house with no way out. The kids are in the running car with the door open (and of course, my cell phone is in the car) and they can hear me yelling so they're getting kinda hysterical. I thought about trying to get up on the garage roof and climb over, but I thought that if I fell, that really wouldn't help anyone. I was getting ready to try to break a window with the shepherd's hook when my neighbor FINALLY heard me. She got a ladder and I climbed over the fence and went through her garage. Fortunately, while the kids were totally hysterical, they stayed in the car.The repairman fixed the door and it works better than it ever has! A coil snapped, which is why the door fell so quickly. I now have two brand new coils. My remote works every time and I don't have to manually open or close the door. It is very nice.
Jake comes home from Texas tonight. I think I'll pick up the kids from daycare and we'll go to the airport to get him. We miss him. Tomorrow, he and Josie are off to California. Jake is going camping with his dad and Robert and Josie is going to spend some quality time with Joan. Rambler and I are going to celebrate my dad's birthday and find some fun things to do.
2 comments:
Josie and Rambler are sooo beautiful. I can't wait to see Frayby3!
Love,
V
You guys and your doors!! I think that you should have an offical inspection of all doors to ensure that they are not going to freak your children out more than they already have!! :) Perhaps this is a job for safety officer Roy!
Post a Comment