December 3, 2007

Downs and Ups

The weekend began with a very sad goodbye to Juli's father. I went to the visitation and paid my respects and tried to be a support for her and her family. It was very difficult and I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be for them. It's been an awful month for them. I'm thinking my best most uplifting thoughts for them. And I really enjoyed the slide show they put together.

Of course, we had the usual chaos of regular weekend activities: gymnastics, swim classes, haircuts, Addy rolling over and sitting up (with some support). Rambler is potty trained now and very happy to tell people he "pees like a maaannnn"; he lower his voice for "man" and it's hilarious. He's very proud and so are we. Don't worry, there will be no "potty pictures".

And we ended the weekend with a wedding: Sarah and Kiril's celebration was heartfelt, fun and traditional with lots of personal twists to make it their own. We were honored to be there to share it with them. And see their great slide show. We got to meet Christin and Ari's baby boy, Charlie, and Addy enjoyed watching him. It's possible she wanted to munch on his little hand, but hey, so did I!

No comments: