February 22, 2008

G Rating

I've been looking back at some of my previous posts and I realize that I keep things G-rated. I know that my parents, my in-laws, my mom's coworkers, and lots of people read this and so I've tried to "present to my audience". And, since I'm mostly writing about my kids, the word "fuck" doesn't seem all that appropriate. But lets get real -- if you're reading this, you're an adult and you've probably read the word "fuck" before. So, be prepared, I'm changing the tone of this blog. Just a little. Nothing drastic. If you're offended, don't read my blog any more.

So I went to karate alone last night. I didn't have my girls, Juli and Kristy, to back me up and it was scary! I was the only white belt (that would be the lowest of all the belts, since I just started this adventure about a month ago) and was pretty much ignored by the sensei. It was a new guy and he seemed to have no time for a pathetic lowly white belt. At the break an older black belt decided to give me some pointers. I know that he was just trying to help, but he prevented me from getting some much-needed water and he was kinda just showing off. Then we were paired up for sparring. I was paired with a very patient 18 year old brown belt. She was probably none too thrilled to be paired with me but she didn't let it show. And she knocked me down plenty! I still had a good time, but it's much more fun when my fellow white belts are with me.

Josie had her four-year physical yesterday. She's a healthy one. The doctor told me there is no chance she has ADD or ADHD or any of those types of disorders. She's just naturally energetic and advanced both physically and mentally for her age. We just have to find ways for her to focus. Just in the last month or so we've seen drastic improvements in her ability to sit still and focus on one project. And she was so brave and didn't cry when she got 4 shots in her little arms.

Rambler was hanging out with me the other day and asked me to put animals on tv. He loves Animal Planet but at that time they were showing animal surgery and I thought that was less than appropriate. So I flipped to PBS, hoping Sesame Street would be on. It was Barney. I went to change the channel but he had caught a glimpse of that big purple dinosaur and begged me to leave it on. I have no idea how he knows Barney, but he sang along to the "I Love You" song and while I was happy that he actually watched tv for 5 minutes, I was really hoping he'd have better taste. Really, Barney?! I was much happier with Bob the Builder.

Jake and the kids are getting ready to fly off to California on Monday. They practice sitting on the plane. Sit on either side of Daddy. Buckle up. Get out some markers and stickers. Have a snack. Sit quietly for four and half hours. It will be so strangely quiet for me to just have Addy. I have big plans -- to do our taxes. We take off to join the rest of the family on Thursday.

I wrote all that and didn't need a single swear word. Maybe that's just how I am. Maybe I'm naturally G-rated. That can't be fucking right.

2 comments:

Ma Fray said...

Hi Andi, the new you doesn't sound that different from the old you. I suspect you are still writing for your in laws. Why don't you get a different blog and just not tell any of us? That way, your friends can know who you really are, and we can still believe you are that nice g rated person you have always been! Or not! But bad language doesn't affect me, as you know. How do you stand on Elmo? I got a couple of used dvds of elmo..... looking forward to your visit, and we won't be there the whole time! xxoo ma fray

The MBs said...

I'm with you on Barney - can't stand the fucker! :) Thought I'd get in on the act - moms against g-rated blogs. Leah x