March 17, 2008

Weekend

This picture of Kira with Addy was actually taken last weekend:
This weekend I took Josie to ice skating. The kid has already surpassed my level. She can skate backwards. It's adorable. The kids stand in a half circle and pretend to go fishing. When someone catches a crocodile or an alligator they have to wiggle away without turning around. I'm telling you, adorable. And she loves it.
I had to hang my head in shame and cancel my karate classes. I just wasn't getting there often enough. And I felt bad about leaving Jake to deal with bedtime alone. There is a class on Saturdays that Josie and I can do together and we may check that out.
Addy is crawling all over the place and we're constantly taking away the little things she finds on the floor.
Rambler's new morning routine involves him sitting up in bed and yelling, "You guys! It's wake up time!" 3 times before he climbs down and gets in our bed. It's not as cute when it's NOT wake up time and every one wakes up at 6 because he's yelling. Oh, he will be broken.
I pulled out my sewing machine yesterday. First time in 2 years. Josie was very interested and I wouldn't let her near the needle, but she experimented with the pedal and came to understand the correlation between how hard or soft she pushes on the pedal with how fast or slow the needle moves. It was very cool to watch her find the tempo she was comfortable with. She and Rambler were both very interested in how to thread the machine and wind the bobbin and Rambler wanted to "walk the bobbin" which involved a colossal loss of my thread before I had to put a stop to that. We put Addy in the laundry basket with a bunch of fabric and Rambler pushed her around the living room. Everyone was happy -- for awhile.

1 comment:

Ma Fray said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! All ok here in CA, lots of work in garden and yard. No blog yet.....Happy St Patrick's Day!