July 19, 2008

Saturday Post

It's Saturday night, around 8:30. If you're a faithful reader, you know I never post on weekends, so you'd think I have something important to say. But no, that's not the case tonight. Jake went out -- to the Pitchfork Festival and took my phone because he can't find his and needs a phone to be able to meet up with friends. We "cut the cord" (don't have a land line, in case you live under a rock and are not familiar with that expression) a long time ago -- back in 2003. In my head, I'd be on the phone now -- calling Holly (who's doing better, but still in the hospital) or other friends. But in reality, the phone would be on the charger and I would be nowhere near it. I just suck when it comes to calling people. It's funny to think back to early high school days when if I was home, I was on the phone non-stop.

We totally exhausted the kids today and bedtime was pleasant. And the kids were out cold in record time. There is absolutely jack shit on tv. I have a lot of sewing to do, but I don't feel like lugging everything upstairs for one evening of sewing. I plan on really getting a lot of that stuff done when Jake and the kids are off in CA and it's just Addy and I here.

So, I have a whole evening of peace and quiet and I have no idea what to do. Blog. Eat ice cream. Read. Sleep. Knowing me, I'll end up being productive and clean something, but I'm trying to fight that urge and just chill. But, I just checked the tv again in desperation and found I love Money as my best option. Really? I just can't do it. Even for me, who watched Bret Michael's Rock of Love I and II. Believe me, I'm not proud.

No comments: