I am so proud to be an American. I have renewed faith in my country, in my president elect, in my community.
If you haven't seen Obama's speech from last night, please watch it (it's a lengthy 18 minutes, but please, don't skip the end!). And McCain's concession speech was fantastic as well -- too bad his supporters didn't share the class he showed. I tried to post links on here to the speech videos but Blogger is having some problems. You can find them through any news website though.
I could have hopped on the el to Grant Park. I could have been a participant in history. I should have dragged the kids down there to let them feel the energy and soak up the hope. My consolation is that we have at least 4 more years for that.
1 comment:
It is so exciting! I, too, have renewed faith and am proud to be an American today! And Obama's speach was incredible...so moving! Yay! xox
Post a Comment