Someone came out of nowhere with incredible honesty and openness and I am both astounded and humbled. A man I met very briefly reached out and told me about a recent deeply personal event. And I'm not talking in a creepy way. No ulterior motive; it came from an emotional place and I admit, I was a little freaked out. I didn't ask for it, and I briefly felt like it was an overstepping of boundaries.
Now I just feel really humbled by his need for human compassion and his hope that someone would maybe understand, or at least help him to understand. And I'm honored that he felt I could be that person. Sometimes the kindness of strangers is even better than the kindness of friends and family. I struggled, but in the end I was honest with him and I hope that it helped. He has no idea that he helped me remember the power of human connection. I will hold onto that.
Of course, this human connection all went down over email. So maybe I'm fooling myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment