August 7, 2009

August Already

I can't believe it's already August. Where did summer go? Last night, Josie and I went school supply shopping. We were at the store for over 2 hours. She picked out a backpack, lunch bag, all the supplies on the list. She was very proud and we had a good time. Kindergarten starts at the end of the month! Next Friday is pre-school graduation. Caps and gowns and a whole ceremony for pre-school is a little ridiculous, but, it's still an emotional event. My oldest is going to kindergarten. How can that be? She's such an independent, cool kid. But she's still a little kid -- we fight about putting her hair up, finding appropriate clothes, eating neatly, etc. There are times when she just doesn't listen and I can't believe she's 5. Other times, she proves she's up to a challenge and I'm in awe over how brave or strong or smart she really is.

July brought Addy's 2nd birthday. Jake went to the East Coast for Simon's bachelor party and wedding. My co-worker got married. Matt and Gill and Rosalind and Henry came for a visit (I finally got to meet my nephew!). I took very few pictures. We had a lot of fun outings -- the boat, the beach, the park, the Orlinsky's, the zoo, restaurants. Rosalind slept over one night and the kids really enjoyed the time together.

Work has taken over my life for the past few weeks. A lot of turmoil and change and I've been busier than ever. Things are starting to calm down for now, but it's in no way over, and I'm trying to regain my balance. Work. Kids. Husband. Home. Me. I'm overwhelmed, but not drowning and I can see the shore.

No comments: