My neighbors across the alley have a rooster. It's loud. It starts the morning wake up call at 4 am. It's snooze button goes off approximately every 5 minutes until around 10 am. Okay, it's annoying.
Every morning Addy says "Good morning, rooster!" and every morning Josie imitates it's call to almost complete perfection and every morning Rambler says, "Maybe today we'll see it!" Okay, it's really cute.
My other neighbors seem to side with that annoying part and have run with it. My association has an email list. Everyone pretended to not know where the rooster lives. Everyone knows exactly where the rooster lives. It lives at the house were latino people live. I've heard one person refer to the house as "the barrio".
"The barrio" dwellers have loaned us snow shovels, they say hello, they are quiet, hard-working people. Sometimes they drive a little too fast in the alley. There are a lot of people who seem to live there and they have a lot of visitors. But I'm not aware of any real disturbance. The rooster, yes, I see how it may be very disruptive for people. And, yes, it is illegal to have a rooster in this city.
The people who are bothered by the rooster have not gone to talk to the owners. They have not left notes. They called the police. They called animal control. They peeked over the fence and took pictures to send to everyone on the email list. And they chuckled as they wrote lies about the owners and their home and said how they were going to place another call to the city.
I'm ashamed. I told Jake that I was going to write a note to warn the owners so they could have the rooster taken somewhere safe before animal control comes and likely destroys it. Jake said he'd go talk to the owners today; he usually sees someone around in the afternoon.
I want to go on a rant about neighbors and people, but what's the point? I just hope that the rooster owners don't have to pay a fine or have their pet destroyed.
To be continued....
2 comments:
I hope this was resolved peacefully. There are far worse outcomes to this than the rooster being destroyed.....It is true that there is a little NIMBY in all of us, but it can be overcome with good communication and understanding. The rooster must go, but the neighbors shouldn't have to. good luck!
Thank you for your mini rant about your neighbors. I am glad I am not the only one that has to deal with biggoted neighbors in this enlightened day and age.
Post a Comment