June 1, 2005

Cricket Catcher

Briscoe (my tarantula) has recently come back to live with us. No, he did not pull a jailbreak the way Trevor did; if you don't know the story, let me know -- it's a good one, my mom really enjoyed that event. He was staying with Adaline for awhile (thank you Ad!) and she and Joan brought him out to us when they were here in May. He has had the noisiest crickets lately and I've gotten rid of more of them than he has. I've become a cricket catcher. I don't like it, but I like the sound of crickets chirping at 3 am while I'm nursing Rambler even less.

I was supposed to see my midwife yesterday but there was a pretty powerful thunderstorm and the power went out. They weren't sure if they wanted to see patients or not (!!!) and then my midwife had to go deliver a baby at the hospital. They told me I could wait, or come back in a couple of hours. What kind of place is this that they don't have a contigency plan? Couldn't I have seen one of the doctors instead? Like I have nothing better to do than sit around or come back in 2 hours with my 2 kids? And why doesn't a medical facility have power generators? I chose to reschedule for next week.

Ken and Jeanette have hopped on the blog bandwagon! They already have a few postings and I suggest you check it out: www.farahclan.blogspot.com.
And while you're checking out people's sites, Velma has been up to all kinds of interesting things: www.velma.org. And Juli just got back from a trip and should have pictures up soon: www.dillenchandler.com. And, my baby niece is doing really well and looking oh so cute: www.severeweblint.org/rosalind.

1 comment:

Jeanette Farah said...

Hi Andy. Well it took a while to get started on the blogg but it's been fun so far. Rambler is just too cute and I can't belive he's already a month old. long live the crickets!!!