August 3, 2006

Just for Joan

I know, I know, I've been a little lazy about blogging lately. I blame the weather. The heat wave has mercifully passed and today it's raining. I'm ashamed to admit that I couldn't take the heat and did not ride my bike to work. I did it the first day, but was so uncomfortable for the rest of the day from it that I skipped the next two. I made a rule that if the heat index was predicted to be over 100 degrees I would not ride. The sweaty el ride wasn't all that much fun either, I got spoiled by Jake giving me rides. I skipped today too because of the rain (lame of me, I know)!

On Sunday we came home to find water coming in through our basement window. Jake had to cut out a fairly large section of dry wall and pull out the insulation (which was wet and disgusting). He cut out the wet section of carpet pad and got fans and a dehumidifier. Then he had to dig out the muck and gunk that had clogged the drain in the window well. I'm so glad he took all of this on!! We still have to do something about the bathroom door that we had to break down. Did I post about that one? I can't remember.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(... you see I do check.....)Hi Andi, Thanks for the post! Saw the photos of the rain damage--ughl. Hats off to Jake, I guess the old guy had some influence on him after all. And no one said you have to ride your bike in the hot weather or the rain! You have a lot on your plate--give yourself a break! Maybe it's better to leave the
door off for a while anyway.......... xxoo Ma Fray

Anonymous said...

bathroom door?

-V

Anonymous said...

What a great site Bucharest romania cruises Modern travel posters used minivan Beach vacation guide Benq pb6240 xga dlp projector