Okay, too many pictures of the kids and not enough about what we're doing. Jake thinks the blog is unbalanced and I agree, although I don't see him writing very much on here!
Jake has returned from his first "cat". That would be the insurance slang for catastrophe -- in this case, the storms in Seattle wreaked so much havoc and so many claims came pouring in that a "cat" was declared and he was on a plane with 24 hours notice. There was a lot of confusion about what happens during a "cat" over Christmas and we didn't know if he'd be home or not. He did end up coming home for 24 hours. It was great for all of us, but really hard to see him leave the day after Christmas without knowing when he'd be back. Fortunately, he was home on New Years Eve -- for good, until the next "cat" is declared.
Jake's being gone was hard for everyone. For him, he had to work 18 hour days and deal with very upset people, not to mention be away from his family. For me, I had to deal with 2 kids who didn't understand why their dad was on an airplane (Josie couldn't really understand that he wasn't on the airplane that whole time). It was a lot of work for both of us, but it was also empowering and the extra money certainly won't hurt either -- gotta build up the mini-van fund! Thank you to all my friends and family who helped me out by keeping us busy -- especially Kira who dared to venture into the Children's Museum on a weekend to chase around kids who aren't hers!
I saw my midwife this morning -- got to hear what she called 2 strong heartbeats. Don't get excited, one of them was mine. We still don't know if we're going to find out the sex of Frayby. We still have time to think about it.
Happy New Year to everyone!
5 comments:
Man!! That wasn't nice. I shot shivers when I thought you were saying TWINS!!
YOU did! I almost threw up before she told me one of those heartbeats was mine. Then I realized that I was hearing the same thing she was and I felt kinda dumb, and relieved. She assured me today that there is only one Frayby.
Hi Andi, well, twins would have been a challenge, but I am sure you and Jake would be up to the task! You have had lots of practice. Must be nice to have the big guy home for a while....
I posted two comments previously but they didn't get on. Will see if this one does. Hugs to all, xxoo MF
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Miss you guys!
I am with all those who thought you were saying twins! haha! Then you would give me a frayby?? :)
hugs,
Kathleen
Post a Comment