We went looking for cicadas yesterday. Not a single one to be found. We searched the botanic gardens and heard a lot of birds and other bug noises, but no cicadas. Josie was very disappointed, but fortunately, we found some fish to feed and a flock of geese swam over and performed all kinds of funny tricks and a mother duck with 6 ducklings came by to say hello. We'll have to try again next weekend.
Jake did Bike the Drive (Lake Shore Drive for you out-of-towners) on Sunday. He said it was a lot of fun and hopefully I can join him next year. The kids and I went to pick him up afterwards and joined a barbecue at a dorm-like place for Ameri-Teach teachers. There's nothing like bringing small kids to a house full of teachers -- they had so much fun playing with them and the kids loved all the attention and Jake and I were able to actually RELAX and catch up with people.
We're looking forward to Roy and Gus arriving tomorrow (and Joan on Friday)......
1 comment:
Check out the Ryerson Woods Cicada Mania event online--google Cicada Mainia! Cool! I can't wait! Love
Post a Comment