June 5, 2007

The CA Frays Visit

The California Frays came to visit! We had an action packed weekend, including a trip to the dog beach

A walk in Ryerson Woods to look for cicadas. Rambler thought they were pretty cool and ran around saying, "cadas everywhere!" He liked when we put the shells on his shirt and liked when the live ones would crawl on him, except when they got to his neck. Then they were no longer fun for him.
Josie was not as fond of the cicadas. She did not like that they were everywhere and really didn't like that the shells were all over the ground. She wanted a lot of uppies, but she was a trooper.
Joan REALLY liked the cicadas!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always knew Josie was smart! She did better than I would with the cicadas, I never would have made it out of the car. Glad you guys had fun!
Kim

Ma Fray said...

I had THE BEST TIME at the Cicadia Mania -it was so awesome! Watching you and Jake react to the kids reaction was priceless too! I could have stayed all day! And then to find Roy's dead relatives in the in the oldest cemetery in Deerfield,not ten miles from your house! I couldn't ask for a more perfect day--insects and genealogy combined. Omigod!