July 24, 2007
The Gardener
In all of our summer excitement we have not neglected our backyard. By we, I mean Jake. When Joan and Roy were here in June they gifted our naked patio with 4 plants: Mr. Tomato, Mr. Cucumber, Mr. Basil and Mr. Pepper. I'm not sure why they're all male, but that is what Josie and Rambler call them and we go with it. We've used Mr. Basil the most; he makes for an excellent pesto! Jake has been diligent about mowing and watering and fertilizing and we even have some patio chairs now...
Above is Mr. Tomato. One big tomato is growing toward the top, and if you look closely toward the bottom you can see several smaller ones growing.
And this is Mr. Pepper. Just one pepper so far, but it's looking good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very Cool! Looking forward to a Greek salad in August. And sitting in the patio chairs. Please excuse my lack of blogging. I am remiss! Maybe this weekend. xxoo and hugs Ma/Somi
Post a Comment