I had a really busy, really enjoyable weekend. It kicked off at ice skating where a woman was marveling over how amazing her daughter was. So coordinated. So tall. So socially adept. All her teachers think she's the best and the smartest kid they've ever met. But, there's one little girl out there that her husband couldn't stop talking about and watching her now she just can't over her. So fast. So overall good. Should probably be in the next level. So, ok, I won't go on, we all know where I'm going. And I'm very proud, but I refuse to be like that woman. So now I stop with the story.
Then I headed solo to brunch with my friends from elementary school. First time with no children and it was so nice; I wish I could reach into my vocabulary and come up with a better word, but nice kind of encompasses it. It's funny how we can go months (and even decades) without seeing each other yet be so comfortable together. And as much as I do love to see all the kids together, it was really enjoyable that they weren't there this time.
Then the Family Fray piled into the van and we headed to Wisconsin to meet the Wolniaks for apple picking. We stopped at the oasis for some McDonalds and it went over frightingly well with the kids. Then we slogged our way through the construction and got lost, but finally met up with the Wolniaks for some picking. It was surprisingly cold! But we got tons of apples and had a good time. The kids liked to climb the trees and use the ladders and Addy liked to be lifted (I had sore arms on Sunday!) so she could pick. Josie is obsessed with the idea of making applesauce and really won't be silenced until it happens...
On Sunday we finished moving the bunkbed back into the girls' room and said goodbye forever to the crib/toddler bed. The mattress now serves as a second crashpad for the climbing wall. Then J & R went shopping with my mom for winter coats. Success!
Rambler went to hockey and then we all went ice skating with Steve. Even Addy. She did it with me supporting under her arms from behind, but she was moving her feet and had big smiles. Josie unfortunately got a headache and threw up and we went home.
I took A & R to my parents' for dinner and then we all went to bed!
I did take some pictures. I hope to take and look and post some soon.
2 comments:
Great newsy post! I am curious though, did Jake go ice skating? I can't imagine that he did.....
Why is it that we are all so busy now? I get why you are busy (well, duh)but it seems everyone is really busy. Something has changed radically from when I was young...............Ma Fray
I leave the ice skating to my well qualified midwest friends. Jake + Ice Skating = Traction
-Jake
Post a Comment