You know that Lou Reed song, "...it's such a perfect day. I'm glad I spent it with you..."? I think he was singing about drugs, but that song totally encapsulates how I felt yesterday with Jake. Ok, so this post is starting out a little cheesy and I can imagine Jake's face making that "ew, gross" expression so I'll try to tone it down.
Instead of sangria in the park, we started the day on the beach. We laid on the lounge chairs and let the sun fry us. Jake listened to the iPod and I read my second book of the trip (fantastic books, thanks to my mom). The water was a perfect aqua color and the sand was hot. We listened to people go by on waverunners and watched parasailers float high in the sky. When we got too hot, we put on the skins that Joan and Roy kindly loaned us and snorkeled around the pier and far out from the beach. The water is so clear that my fear of sharks wasn't a problem until we went into the murky areas. Lots of fish of every color. Coral, shells, starfish. It wasn't until we were on our way out that a jellyfish hit my hand.
After another session of lounging in the sun, we walked down the beach to a beach club. We sat on swings at the bar and ate tacos while watching a girl named Ashley and her friends. Ashley had a little too much to drink and provided good entertainment for us. And then we went parasailing.
The boat driver told Jake that there wasn't enough wind and we should go one at a time. Jake told him no. We wanted to go together. The driver said that was ok. We worried about that a little, but did it anyway. The height, the beauty, the peace, the closeness Jake and I felt to each other -- it cannot be properly described with words.
And today we leave. Who knows if we'll actually get all the way home due to the snowstorm in Chicago. This trip was amazing. But, it's time to go back to real life and posts about Addy's first haircut (I just found that photo in my camera) and Josie and Rambler's winter concert and pictures of the tree we'll buy soon. I'm looking forward to all of it.
The two books I read here: My Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks and Little Bee by Chris Cleave. I recommend them both.
1 comment:
Oops. You will have to take a new photo of Addy because when we were at Kidsnips, there was NO WAY she was not having what Josie was having. But the lady just took off half an inch. She looks great. No worries. Hope you know how to French braid Josie's hair!
Post a Comment