June 27, 2008

The Beeping - Take 2


So I have all these pictures from our crazy busy weekend and my plan was to post them throughout the week. I was rudely interrupted Wednesday. I had a work function and Jake told me beforehand that Addy was sick. I decided to leave early. He called during the function (not like Jake) and I left. He called twice more before I got home. Addy was one sick baby. I grabbed her and strapped her into her carseat and took off for the hospital.

It's an intense scene running into the ER with a floppy baby who isn't breathing well. People clear the way, insurance information is skipped. Straight to triage. Straight to a room. Doctors and nurses come in right away. The diagnosis: croup. Normally, this is not a big deal but because of Addy's heart, she wasn't able to get enough oxygen.

A steroid shot was ordered but her pulse/ox was "unacceptable" so we had to do a couple of rounds of some type of nebulizer treatment. Then she got the shot. Then we were admitted to the pediatric ward.

By morning my Addy was smiling and while not quite her usual self, she was a whole lot better. We were released from the hospital.

1 comment:

The MBs said...

That must have been so frightening - I can't imagine what it must have felt like running through the hospital with your baby limp! I'm glad to hear she is feeling a bit better now though. Leah xox